Using the Microsoft Windows Troubleshooting Wizard to troubleshoot the operating system
To use the Microsoft Windows Troubleshooting Wizard, follow these steps:
- Open the application’s main window.
- Click the More Tools button in the main window’s lower right corner.
- The Tools menu appears.
- Go to the area called “Clean and Optimize.”
- The Microsoft Windows Troubleshooting Wizard can be launched by clicking the Microsoft Windows Troubleshooting link.
The window for the Microsoft Windows Troubleshooting Wizard appears.
The Wizard is divided into pages (steps) that you can browse through using the Back and Next buttons. After the Wizard has completed, click the Done button to exit it. Click the Cancel button to exit the Wizard at any time.
Let’s take a closer look at the Wizard’s steps.
Start the operating system recovery process
A. For Wizard operation, choose one of the two options:
- Investigate any malware-related harm. The Wizard will look for issues and potential damages.
- Changes can be undone. The Wizard will undo the repairs made to previously discovered issues and damages.
B. Then press the Next button.
Look for problems.
The Wizard searches for problems and probable damages caused by malware activity if you chose the Search for harm caused by malware activity option. When the search is finished, the Wizard moves on to the next phase automatically.
Choose a course of action to repair the harm.
All of the damage discovered in the preceding stage is categorised according to the level of
threat it poses. Kaspersky Lab provides a series of procedures to restore the harm for each
There are three types of people:
- Actions that are strongly advised are taken to resolve issues that constitute a major security risk. It is recommended that you fix all damage in this group.
- The suggested activities are targeted at restoring any harm that could be dangerous. In this group, it’s also a good idea to repair any damage.
To see damage within a group, expand the list of the specified group.
Select the check box to the left of the damage description to have the Wizard fix a specific type of damage. By default, the Wizard repairs damage caused by the suggested and very recommended action categories. Clear the check box next to a specific sort of damage if you don’t wish to cure it.
It is strongly advised that you do not clear the check boxes that have been chosen by default, as this will expose your machine to dangers.
Click the Next button after you’ve defined a set of activities for the Wizard to carry out.
Repair any damage.
The Wizard carries out the actions you chose in the previous stage. It may take some time to repair the harm. The Wizard moves on to the next step after repairing the damage.
Completion of the wizard
To exit the Wizard, click the Done button.